August 2020 Newsletter
Dear TBM Council Members,
Wherever you are in the world I hope you are keeping safe, happy, healthy, and fully enjoying your summer months. We know that times are tough, and we hope you are able to lean on your peers in our 11,000 member strong Council. If there were any time to be focused on optimizing IT costs through Technology Business Management, it’s now.
We are very proud of the innovation and energy in the events and programs over the past few months. If you missed any of the events, you can find TBM Tuesdays recordings here, and Standards Committee recordings here.
Home Renovation: TBM Connect
The TBM Council team is working behind the scenes on a brand-new platform for TBM Connect. This is where we structure our communities and programs, communicate with you, our members, store and share documents and materials from events & presentations, and offer a place for you to find and engage with your peers. The new platform will allow for easier document and member search, provide new ways to connect with your peers, and help guide you to the information and conversations you are looking for. Please take a few minutes to complete our survey about TBM Connect. We value your input and want to make sure we are enabling you to get the most out of your membership.
TBM Conference Virtual Edition Airing from November 9
Sign-up to the TBM Conference 2020 today. TBM Conference has been named a global top tech conference by CIO Dive – and for good reason! This year, the conference will be virtually airing from November 9, with three attendee packages to make it affordable for everyone. This is the event of the year for professional IT leaders, and you won’t want to miss it.
IT Planning for Economic Uncertainty: Survey in Collaboration with Bain & Company
TBM Council and Bain & Company with the support of Apptio are conducting a brief, forward-looking study to understand how IT budgets, planning and processes are adapting to the economic uncertainty. As an IT leader and member of the TBM Council, we need your input! Complete the survey here to receive exclusive access to initial results, the full database of anonymous raw data, $100 off a Catalyst Pass to TBM Conference 2020, and an invitation to a Bain & Company led session at the TBM Conference, delving deep into the survey results and insights.
In this newsletter, we would like to showcase the following events for the month of August:
|Date||Event Title||Time||Price in USD||Registration|
|TBM Executive Foundation Course and Certification Exam – Online||8am-12pm PT|
|TBM Executive Foundation Course and Certification Exam – Online||3pm-7pm PT|
Standards Committee and Workgroups
|Standards Committee Webinar: Best Practices for Using the TBM Taxonomy||8am-9:30am PT|
|Standards Committee Open Forum: Your Role in the TBM Taxonomy||8am-9:30am PT|
|Various||Individual Workgroup Meetings||Various||Free||Workgroup members only|
Register for a workgroup here to receive an invite
Board of Directors – TBM Tuesdays
|Episode 4: Live Case Study|
with Amy Byalick, Fortune 500 TBM program leader
|Episode 5: Live Roundtable|
with George Maddaloni, EVP & CTO at Mastercard
As a reminder:
- TBM Connect
- TBM Connect is the online community for TBM Council members. If you haven’t created an account yet, I encourage you to do so here.
- If you are interested in joining a workgroup, you may find more information on our website or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have specific questions on education, please visit the website or reach out to our Education Program Manager, Chris Kerr, email@example.com.
- TBM Conference
- For the health and well-being of all delegates, the decision has been made to deliver TBM Conference virtually this year. Register today at www.tbmconference.org. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Thank you to everyone who submitted a nomination! We are excited to showcase your stories. Finalists will be selected on August 1st. Join the conversation on TBM Connect here.
General Manager, TBM Council